What Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including, but not limited to email address, phone number, physical address, as well as retail location information when you register and use our services.
- Demographic information such as retail location address, postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Relevant information in consideration for customer surveys and/or offers such as POS used, current menu type, and other information.
How Data Is Collected
Like many other websites or applications, the Vapemenu website collects and stores information as one navigates throughout the site. We simply collect information in regard to the customers visit on the site from the browser on their computer or mobile device including, but not limited to the time and date the customer accesses our services, their geographic location, IP address, cookies and the pages navigated.
To do this we use what is called a cookie. It is a small file that asks permission to be placed on the computer’s hard drive. Once one agrees to this, the file is added, and the cookie analyzes data regarding web page traffic to improve our website in order to boost customer satisfaction. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Subsequently thereafter, the data is removed from the system. Cookies are also used to provide better security on services, to customize the content, track purchases and to keep service operations functioning correctly.
A cookie cannot retrieve any data from the customers hard drive, pass on computer viruses or capture any personal information. Cookies allow web applications to respond to the customer as an individual, but cannot specifically identify the customer unless users voluntarily identify themselves by registration. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but one can usually modify the browser setting to decline cookies, if it is preferred. However, when cookies are disabled, some features will be disabled that make the site experience more enjoyable.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand the customer’s needs and to provide better service, as well as for the following particular reasons:
- Track interaction with support and behavior in regard to web traffic.
- Assist with the improvement of our products and services.
- Distribute notices, special offers and other communications that might be of interest.
- Periodically, we may also use customer information to contact them for market research purposes, so we can further customize the website according to their interests.
- Share information with specific, relevant manufacturers that you have claimed to carry on your menu so that they may audit the efficacy of our program with respect to their involvement therewithin.
How Customers Can Control What Personal Information You Share
The customer may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that can be clicked to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes.
- If one has previously agreed to Vapemenu using their personal information for direct marketing purposes, one may change their mind at any time. Please, notify Vapemenu Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the customer shares any information with Vapemenu, they have the option to review and update the information provided at any time through account settings in their customer profile.
- Customer may choose to receive emails and/or unsubscribe from receiving emails from Vapemenu.
- The customer may choose at any time to disable their account.
We will not sell, distribute or lease a customer’s personal information to third parties, unless we have explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use a customer’s personal information to send promotional information about third parties which we deem interesting to them only if we have been specifically granted permission to do so.
If you believe any of the information that pertains to you, that we currently possess, is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com for assistance or log into your account to make the appropriate changes.
Navigation Onto Other Websites From Vapemenu.com
Protection Of Data
Vapemenu is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place regularly tested applicable security system applications and processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Vapemenu is compliant with all PCI, PCI-DSS, PED and PA-DSS guidelines. PCI-DSS standards requires:
- Regularly tested security systems and processes
- Maintained policies that addresses information security
- Protection of stored Cardholder data
- Restricted access to Cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Use of unique passwords and security parameters that are not default or vendor supplied
- Assigned unique ID to each person with computer access
- Installed and maintained firewall configurations to protect Cardholder data
- Encrypted transmissions of Cardholder data across open, public networks
- Regularly used and updated anti-virus software
- Developed and maintained secure systems and applications
- Restricted physical access to Cardholder data
- Tracked and monitored all access to network resources and Cardholder data
Within reason, security measures that are implemented are not impenetrable. We do not guarantee the security of the database. In addition, we do not guarantee that any provided information will not be intercepted while in transmission over the Internet. Thus, transmission of any information is sent at your own risk. In having provided any personal information to us, or by using our services, it is agreed that we may communicate with you regarding security or privacy relating to your use of our services. In the event of any security system interruptions, we may attempt to inform you by sending a notice with all necessary relevant information.